CAN! Education's Women & Minority Scholarship Program
Cannabis Horticultural Science Course, Summer & Fall Terms 2017!
CAN! recognizes that diversity in leadership and work force makes us stronger, more adaptable, and more imaginative. We know this because the same is true for plant health when we cultivate a biologically-dynamic soil environment. We also recognize that women and minorities have suffered the greatest under cannabis prohibition (as have soil microbes under conventional agriculture), so CAN! Education would like to make restitution and reward promising women and minorities in the cannabis industry by offering four scholarships for each term of the Cannabis Horticultural Science Course totaling nearly $3000 in awards.
There are two scholarship categories: 1) Women and 2) Minorities. Scholarships will be awarded as follows:
• One Full-Tuition Scholarship from either category (valued at $995)
• Two Half-Tuition Scholarships, one for Women and one for Minorities (each valued at $497.50)
How to Apply: Submit a 1-2 page essay describing your vision for a culturally-diverse, socially-responsible, and environmentally-sustainable future for the cannabis industry. Include separately a brief statement of your financial need or other hurdles. Judging criteria includes both essay and financial need. Send in .pdf or .doc format to: education@CanResearch.net or mail to: CAN! Research, 1645 9th Ave. SE, Suite 186, Albany, OR 97322. Deadlines to apply are Friday June 16, 2017 11:59 PM (Summer 2017 Term) and Friday August 17, 2017 11:59 PM (Fall 2017 Term).
Awards will be announced and awardees will be notified on Tuesday June 20 (Summer Term) and Tuesday August 22 (Fall Term). Classes begin on July 13th (Summer Term) and September 21st (Fall Term)
• Women who are also minorities may apply for either or both application categories.
• Applicants for the Women category may be a biological woman or identify as a woman or both.
• Applicants for the Minority category must have at least 25 percent Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, or Native American heritage.
• Applicants agree to release and allow CAN! Research, Education, and Consulting to publish your essay, giving author credit, to its website and other promotional materials.
• Applicants agree to allow CAN! Research, Education, and Consulting to announce the awarding of their scholarship, if awarded, including the applicant’s name
• Award recipients must enroll and pay remaining tuition balance (if any) by 5pm on June 30 (Summer Term) or September 1 (Fall Term). If enrollment is not completed by then, CAN! will award the scholarship to the next highest-ranked applicant, who will then have 24 hours to complete enrollment.
We are pleased to announce the winner of the Women & Minority Scholarship for:
Cannabis Horticultural Science Course, Winter Term 2017!
Eileen Erdelt is a single mother in Eugene, Oregon who has been a dedicated cannabis activist and journalist for seventeen years and seeks to be a part of the emerging legal market.
"I intend to take a leadership role in the promotion of this plant. Its liberty is key to the healing of injustices to women, minorities, and the Earth, for it will provide a healthy, sustainable and abundant future for all of us." - Eileen Erdelt
We are proud to offer Eileen this scholarship valued at $995.00, are happy to have her participate in the course, and look forward to her future success!